Sunday, April 29

A Slice of Home Comfort

© Syntax and Starbucks
Most people have house parties when their parents are away... I made a cake.
Mainly out of boredom & also to increase my levels of procrastination further I decided to make an orange cake.

I found this recipe online at 'Good Food'.  It was a very easy recipe to follow, my only problem was I had no baking powder so had to make my own - 1 part bicarbonate of soda to 2 parts cream of tartar.  Other recipes I looked at contained up to 6 eggs! I felt that this recipe would probably be the least calorific (despite the lashings of orange flavoured icing on top).  I would only recommend this if you have a very sweet tooth, as it contains a lot of sugar!

It was great fun to make though, here are a few snaps of the making process:

I like to make a mess when baking...

Tip: Make sure you don't forget to line your baking tin & smooth out the mixture.

I'm rather haphazard when it comes to icing my cakes. Imperfection.

I hope my colleagues at work will appreciate a slice!


Lauren-Eloise x

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! I'm off to do some baking now, feeling inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete