Monday, April 9

Tips for Healthy Hair

Image
Ever since I went brunette, I promised my lovely hairdresser that I would look after my freshly conditioned mane so I have made a few simple changes to my routine.  

1. Use a Shampoo Suitable for Colour Treated Hair - I really love the Liz Earle haircare range because it makes my hair feel super soft and healthy but I've also trialled some of the Kerastase Nutritive and Resistance ranges and they are gorgeous, though highly expensive. It's a good idea to ask your hairdresser what your hair type is and then find a shampoo that works with your hair, rather than against it.  Try and find something that doesn't build up, as that can often make your hair heavier than need be, and a nice smell always helps too.

2. Use a Hair Mask Once a Week - I'm currently using the Wella SP Repair Mask that my hairdresser recommended to combat the dryness in my hair. I want to try their Colour Save Mask as well, so this set is looking like a really quite tempting offer. 

3. Comb Wet Hair with a Wide-Tooth Comb - Cheap and widely available, it's so much better for your hair than attacking it with a brush.  I use this one.

4. Use Heat Protector - I smooth this serum into my hair as soon as I get out of the shower because as well as taming frizz, it also contains a 'thermal shield complex' which sounds very swish and protects my hair from heat styling damage.

5. Turn the Hair Dryer Heat Down a Notch - Another very simple tip. Although it may take a tiny bit longer to dry your hair, the benefits will shine through.

6. Try Not to Overwork Your Hair - Don't use too many products, beside the fact that this will weigh your hair down and inevitably leave it dull and without bounce, some styling products can dry your hair out. Also try not to back-comb unless absolutely necessary, and even then do it strategically. 

Sophie x

2 comments:

  1. Love the point about wide-tooth combing your hair rather than brush it - I HATE brushing my waves, the mass frizz-effect makes me reach for my beanie.

    Quite cool tip though: brushing it pre-wash I find distributes the oils for even cleaning :)

    Miss V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading & for the tip! I do it already, but I didn't know it was beneficial, it just helps me comb it out after my shower - the trials of having troublesome hair!

      I've followed your blog, got to support the best-friends format :)

      Sophie x

      Delete