Monday, May 7

Arlo Jesmond

I first started going to this café in Jesmond when I was at school, and my love for it has never faltered.  Back then it was under different management and had a different name, and even though it has gone through a few changes, the basic premise has remained the same; tasty, simple food in a lovely atmosphere.

It is now called Arlo, named after the owner's son and can be visited every day from half eight to seven on some nights, nine on others and five on Sundays.  Lucas, the owner, has introduced an evening menu and lunch now has a bit more substance as opposed to the cakes and sandwiches you were limited to before.


I visited with my Dad this past week and had the absolutely delicious crispy fish fingers with chips, salad and home made Tartar sauce. My Dad had the Otis burger, which also looked incredible. 


During the Easter holidays I sat outside in the sun with one of my friends home from University and got more than a little tipsy with a bottle of wine between us and balsamic roasted vegetables.  

(A complimentary bowl of crisps was also in order when Lucas realised that persuading two students to indulge in a lunchtime rosé on such little sustenance was probably not a brilliant idea!)


Another all-time favourite that gets us out of bed on a hungover morning is the mouth-watering waffles with dry cured bacon and maple syrup.  

Sitting with pots of tea and magazines, this is my favourite spot to people watch the best suburb of Newcastle. All in all, Arlo has something for everyone; friendly staff, a relaxed atmosphere and great interior design.  You can follow them on Twitter, like them on Facebook or visit their website.

Enjoy! 
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment