Monday, February 27

Real Techniques Brushes


On my lunch break yesterday, I popped in to Boots and got these much-loved makeup brushes.  I decided to go for the Core Collection for £21.99 and the Powder Brush which was £12.99 (it isn't on the Boots website at the moment).

I know there are so many reviews out there already, and I completely agree with all the positive comments.  They are super soft, don't shed at all and blend makeup flawlessly.  I love them so much, especially since they are at such an affordable price point. Anyway, this is how I use mine:

Pointed Foundation Brush: For me, this is far to small for a foundation brush. My base makeup would take ages and honestly, I'm too lazy to spend more than a few minutes on my whole face.  Instead, I use this to conceal my dark circles with Benefit's Erase Paste as it is just the right size for the eye area.

Detailer Brush: I didn't think I'd like using this because it is so tiny and I'm used to the MAC 217 for concealer but I have been converted.  I find that the more precise application helps me use less product for a better finish,

Buffing Brush: Hello dream foundation brush! Incredible finish, super fast application and no shedding at all (unlike the MAC 187 or any Chanel brushes I've tried - horrific). I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is a pretty heavy, difficult to blend foundation, but I had no problems here.  I pop a splodge of the foundation on the back of my hand and take it on to the brush from there. The compact hairs mean that you get nowhere near as much bend or give as you do with a MAC 187 and I think this is why I love this brush so much.

Contour Brush: I apply the Benefit High Beam with this, directly from the pot to the brush and then buffed into my cheekbones, temples, cupids bow and the bridge of my nose.  I find that the level of sheen is easy to control as this is relatively small and quite tapered.

Powder Brush: I haven't been powdering my face recently so I use this for bronzer instead.  The huge size makes getting a soft glow really quick and easy; from your face, to your neck and on to your collarbones and décolletage. 

It seems by some miracle that I have managed to get five fantastic brushes for about £35, incredible! I'm loving this down-sizing and simplifying approach at the moment, I think it's something about Spring that makes everyone want to start afresh. One of my favourite beauty bloggers, Vivianna Does Makeup, has also been going for the same approach.  Click the link to see what she's been up to on Youtube lately, she also has an informative blog.

I hope you're all having a lovely day! 
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment