Wednesday, February 15

Fresh Skin for Spring


My current skincare routine

Walking to Uni this morning, the weather was a lot more fresh and mild than it has been lately and I finally felt like Spring might actually be around the corner!  Inspired by this, I thought I'd share my current skincare routine with you as it's pretty Spring-friendly.

  1. Every morning and evening I use the universally adored Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish cleanser, rubbing it into my skin in my bedroom then by the time I reach the bathroom it's had a chance to work it's magic.  It's probably worth mentioning that I remove my makeup first with any old facial wipe (currently Nivea) so my skin gets all the benefits of the ingredients directly.
  2. Following this I use a cotton ball to wipe my skin with the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic to remove any residual cleanser and close pores.
  3. I smooth about half a pump of the Estee Lauder Idealist Serum on to my face only in the mornings and before moisturiser.  This gives such a lovely, velvety texture to my skin and really has made a difference to any scars I have, mainly on my cheeks.
  4. I use Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin every morning which is great for hydrating without leaving a greasy finish. In the evenings, if my skin feels comfortable, I won't apply any moisturiser and let my skin breathe.
  5. I read so many glowing reviews about Origins Spot Remover that I had to try it, and my God, it's incredible! Tiny bottle, amazing results.
  6. Finally, a recent purchase; Liz Earle Superbalm.  I bought this because I've had a couple of random dry patches and I thought this would do the trick.  Thankfully I was right and a daub of this in the evening smooths out and flaky bits and I use it throughout the day to banish dry lips.  The only problem is possibly the smell (strong, herbal and lavender-y), which sent my friend into a sneezing fit in a lecture.  Not for everyone.
And there you have it! Clean, beautiful skin that's the perfect basis for a pretty Spring look.  Take a look at Fleur and Tanya's Video on Spring makeup for inspiration or head to Liz Earle, Estee Lauder and Origins if anything's taken your fancy.

Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment