Friday, January 13

Some things are just mint to be.

Ever since I read that Lady Gaga tipped 'mint green' to be the colour of the season, it has managed to catch me under it's peppermint spell.

 

 Well, what do we associate with this minty hue?  I think the colour gives out an undoubtedly fresh and calm introduction to the spring/summer months ahead. The presence of the colour may be calming, but actually plucking up the courage to add this to your spring palette can be a whole different concept.

I thought I would plunge myself into this serene mint green world, with a silky coating of Essie's Turquoise & Caicos. Whilst waiting for the colour to be applied, a lady beside me commented on the boldness of the colour, and that she would be afraid to wear it. Secretly, this made me want it even more... I definitely wasn't a 100% sure that I wanted the colour, but as soon as it was on I knew it was the right choice.  




I was inspired by Vogue's 'Pale and Interesting' gallery, as they capture the pastel hues from the S/S '12 runway shows.  Acidic yellows, floral pinks & shimmery creams also seem to be at the forefront of the spring palette, embraced by the likes of Louis Vuitton and Prada.  Each colour could be worn as a statement block, or complimented by others due to their versatility in shade. 

However, if you have a student budget like Sophie and I, you'll appreciate the efforts of Topshop's spring collections such as: Surf Luxe & South Pacific. Not only are the separate pieces affordable, but the wide selection gives you room for your own customisation. I think these leggings below are rather daring, but underneath an over-sized 80's jumper I reckon they would create a spring delight rather than a spring shocker.




If you would rather do what I did and experiment with peppermint before blasting in to a mint inspired spring wardrobe, then I'd recommend trying these nail varnishes both from Topshop.
 

Mint is the new pink ladies.  I dare you to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment